JobID 530 : Child Nutrition Worker (#367266)
Job | Posted a month ago
Primary Purpose:Prepare and serve appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements. Maintain high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
High school diploma and/or GED
Ability to understand food preparation and safety instructions
Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production procedures
Ability to operate large and small kitchen equipment and tools
Ability to perform basic arithmetic operations
Ability to read, write and speak English
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Food Preparation and Serving
- Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested, uniform recipes.
- Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures.
- Practice and promote portion control and proper use of leftovers.
- Supervise storage and handling of food items and supplies. Maintain a clean and organized storage area.
Safety and Sanitation
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards.
- Follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
- Keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
- Follow established procedures to avoid food contamination.
- Handle and record cashier functions accurately.
- Help record food requisitions and orders necessary supplies.
- Maintain daily food preparation records.
- Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in staff development, faculty meetings, and special events as needed.
- Maintain punctuality in all areas.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Provide a positive role model for students.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Equipment Used:Large and small kitchen equipment and tools including electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, sharp cutting tools, oven, dishwasher, and food and utility cart.
Working Conditions:Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Continual standing, walking, pushing, and pulling; frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, and climbing (ladder), moderate lifting and carrying; moderate exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all.
Everman Independent School District
608 TOWNLEY DR, EVERMAN, TX 76140-5206
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558