Description: (1) Full time Librarian
The school librarian provides instructional leadership for the teaching of information literacy skills, develops and maintains a school library collection that has up-to-date digital and print materials and technology, including curation of openly licensed educational resources, and manage the school library as a flexible, multi-tasked learning environment. Collaborates with school faculty and administrators to develop a program that supports the instructional curriculum including elearning strategies.
Responsibilities of the Librarian
- Teach classes as assigned.
- Prepare materials, lesson plans, and assessments for classes.
- Plans and directs special projects that supports, supplements, and elevates the literacy experience through guidance and motivational reading initiatives.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise library curricula, lesson content, and methods of instruction.
- Empower students to be critical thinkers, skillful researchers, informed consumers, and ethical users of information.
- Collaborates with teachers in planning assignments providing instruction that supports the development of digital learning, participatory learning, inquiry learning, technology interfaces, and information literacy.
- Assist with inventory of all library holdings.
Performs collection development by selecting, ordering, and adding new items to replace and/or update school library resources.
- Assist teachers and students with collecting library materials for special projects.
- Student Support Services/Library Information Specialist.
- Must meet ISBE requirements and have the Library Information Specialist endorsement.
- Perform a variety of library clerical and computer-related tasks as assigned.
Qualifications: Appropriate ISBE certifications