School Bus Driver, Substitute
You Must Have a Commercial Driver's License(CDL), Class A or B, with P (Passenger Bus) and S (School Bus) Endorsements or have passed the P & S Exam and waiting to take the Skill Test & Driving Exam. All successful applicants must also complete 12 hours of classroom instruction and 12 hours of school bus driving with and without students.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Transportation Supervisor, the School Bus Driver will carry out the following duties:
1. Provide for the safe, efficient and economical transportation of students.
2. Attend Professional Learning sessions as required.
3. Obey all state and local traffic rules.
4. Operate school buses in accordance with School Board and Transportation Policies.
5. Notify the Transportation Shop Foreman of any defects discovered in or on any vehicle belonging to the school system.
6. Maintain the interior of the bus in a clean and safe condition.
7. Submit to random DOT drug testing as required.
8. Supervise the Transportation Aide when assigned.
9. Conduct thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the school bus and its special equipment.
10. Maintain orderly conduct of student passengers. Report unsafe acts or conditions.
11. Conduct emergency evacuation drills as required by the local school system.
12. Communicate effectively and professionally with school staff and public.
13. Complete legible, accurate and required reports in the prescribed manner and on a timely basis.
14. Maintain routes and schedules as planned by the school board personnel.
15. Report any hazards along the existing route to the appropriate school official.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must pass an annual physical examination and drug screen by a licensed Doctor of Medicine prior to the beginning of the school year and as often thereafter as the board of education may deem advisable.
• Pass a pre-employment and annual position performance evaluation prior to the beginning of each school year.
• Possess a current CDL with proper endorsements for driving a school bus.
• Be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, sit, climb and lift items of approximately 50 pounds throughout the workday.
• Must be a minimum age of 21 years of age.
• In accordance with the approved salary scale
• Annual Position Performance EvaluationMinimum Requirements
Pass a pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
Possess a current CDL with proper endorsements for driving a school bus. (CDL, Class A or B, with P (Passenger Bus) and S (School Bus) Endorsements)
Be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, sit, climb and lift items of approximately 40 pounds throughout the workday.