SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of licensed staff, the Lifeguard position is responsible for the safety of all swimmers. This is a part-time position that works before and after school and at meets (nights, weekends).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensure swimmer safety by monitoring swimming pool and swimming activities.
2. Prevent accidents by enforcing rules, scanning swimmers for distress and directing weak swimmers to remain in shallow water.
3. Provide rescue and emergency first aid care when needed.
4. Anticipate and recognize aquatic emergencies.
5. Demonstrate and support the mission and vision of the school district.
6. Follow district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
2. Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
3. Mental and physical ability to respond quickly to any emergency.
4. Demonstrate attention to detail.
5. Exhibit a keen awareness of surroundings.
Education and Experience:
1. Current Lifeguarding certification required.
2. Current CPR and First Aid certification required.
1. Must be at least 16 years old.
2. Subject to inside environmental conditions.
3. Ability to lift light to medium weight (20-50 lbs.) objects.
4. Ability to pass current lifeguard and safety training requirements.
5. Demonstrate 20/30 vision or the ability to achieve 20/30 vision through the use of corrective lenses.
Rate of Pay: $9.00/hour
Interested candidates should contact: Jason Ward (630-375-2051)