Substitute Bus Aide
Please contact Kristy Lowrey, Director of Transportation, or Christy Fletcher, Transportation Secretary, at 316-322-4804.
Purpose: To assist in providing safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the district’s curricular and extracurricular programs
Responsible to: Transportation Supervisor/Mechanic, Secretary to Transportation/Director of Buildings and Grounds, and Director of Buildings and Grounds
Payment rate: [Insert if available]
1. Completes required First Aide course
2. Demonstrates aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities
3. Attends scheduled meetings and conferences
4. Maintains current Tuberculosis test as required by Health Dept. regulations
5. Demonstrates literacy in reading, writing, and following directions/instructions
6. Has such other qualifications as the district may find appropriate and acceptable
7. Maintains high levels of confidentiality regarding student and staff information and issues
8. Health and Inoculation Certificate on file.
1. Assists students on and off the bus, seat and buckle them up, properly tie down wheel chairs.
2. Maintains discipline when students are on the bus.
3. Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority.
4. Observes all mandatory safety rules for school buses.
5. Exercises responsible leadership.
6. Be attentive to students needs.
7. Knows the bus route to be able to assist a sub bus driver.
8. Works together with the driver as a team.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing, and use of equipment including repetitive motions and computer eye fatigue.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, intense work environment.
- Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.