The following is a list of the application requirements you will need to meet in order to be considered for a substitute position at La Grange Highlands School District 106.
School District 106 is interested in quality substitute teachers who possess the required licensure. Interested substitute teacher applicants are required to apply using our online application system at www.district106.net (administration/employment tabs).
- Illinois State Teacher/Substitute License currently registered with the West 40 Educational Service Center No. 2 - Region 6 (www.west40.org).
- Completed online application (www.district106.net).
- Resume, uploaded with application.
- College/University transcripts, uploaded with application.
- Three letters of reference, uploaded with application.
Responsibilities: 1. Communicate and collaborate effectively with others.
2. Understand and adapt to a variety of situations.
3. Maintain quality learning environment in the classroom during the absence of the regular teacher.
4. Communicate with the absent teacher by leaving complete notes about the day(s) you substituted for them.
5. Maintain good discipline. Notify the office immediately of any serious problems that occur.
6. Get to the school early enough to familiarize yourself with the school and lesson plans.
7. Read and be familiar with the rules and regulations outlines in the Parent/Student Handbooks found on the district website for each building.
Start Date: 2019-2020 School Year
Pay Rate: $106.00 per day. After 15 days = $116.00 per day.