Job | Posted 5 months ago
TITLE: Substitute Custodian
JOB STATUS: Substitute
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
- A high school diploma or training and experiences that are considered equivalent.
- A proficiency in general repair, painting, cleaning, and operating of cleaning equipment.
- An ability to communicate in a courteous manner.
- A neat appearance.
- An ability to carry out assigned duties.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks and play areas, neat and clean at all times.
- Notifies head custodian, maintenance supervisor or principal of emergencies, and if necessary turns off heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
- Complies with all Federal, state and local laws and regulations for the maintenance, repair and operation of equipment and machines [OSHA].
- Shovels, and salts walks, driveways, and steps, as appropriate.
- Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
- Cleans assigned classrooms daily and dusts furniture as time permits.
- Keeps all floors and corridors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
- Scrubs, mops down, and disinfects toilet and lunch room floors daily, and cleans sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
- Washes all windows on both the inside and outside as frequently as necessary, weather permitting.
- Assists in keeping the grounds free from rubbish.
- Empties all trash cans daily.
- Cleans all chalkboards at least once a week.
- Makes such minor building repairs as he is capable of.
- Reports major repairs needed promptly to the head custodian.
- Reports immediately to the head custodian any damage to school property.
- Remains on the school premises during scheduled hours, excluding lunch, and during non school hours when the use of the building has been authorized and his/her attendance required.
- Assumes responsibility for the opening and closing of the building each school day and for determining, before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
- Keeps an inventory of supplies, equipment, and fuel, as requested by the head custodian.
- Moves furniture and/or equipment as required for various activities and as directed by the head custodian.
- Complies with all Federal, state and local laws and regulations for the storage, use and disposal of trash, rubbish, waste and hazardous material [OSHA].
- Reports immediately to the building principal any student or public misconduct in the building or on the grounds.
- Reports immediately to the head custodian any safety hazards pertaining to playground equipment, steps, halls, and all other parts of the building and grounds.
- Ensures the safety of students.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative professional relationships.
- Exhibits professional behavior, emotional stability, and sound judgement.
- Maintains confidentiality and respect for confidential information at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or his/her designee.
Applicants who are selected will be employees of the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio.
The Dublin City School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected by law.
Dublin City Schools
7030 Coffman Road , Dublin, OH 43017
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,686
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.87
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 294