Americorps Promise Fellows, Full-time, KMS High School
Description: ISD 775 Kerkhoven-Murdock-Sunburg has the following position available. Full-time 7-12 Americorps Promise Fellow.
apply at https://careers-mnyouth.icims.com/jobs/1250/americorps-promise-fellow-at-kerkhoven-murdock-sunburg-school-district-2019-2020-%281700%29/job
KMS is a small, rural high school with a family atmosphere and a strong commitment to serving youth. With the goal of 100% graduation the Promise Fellow will provide at risk students with interventions, guidance, and supports. KMS is in search of a passionate, caring person with a strong desire to become an integral part of our problem-solving team and make a difference in the lives of central Minnesota youth.
KMS Jr./Sr. High School serves the communities of Kerkhoven, Murdock, and Sunburg in central Minnesota with a mission of “Working as One in the Pursuit of Excellence”. Located in a high poverty, farming area, KMS maintains high quality programing dedicated to the growth of all students with a goal of 100% graduation.
KMS Promise Fellow Responsibilities
The AmeriCorps Promise Fellow hosted by the Minnesota Alliance with Youth, is an integral part of the KMS problem solving team working with administration, teachers, social worker, health professional, teachers, and staff to identify at risk students and connect them with caring adults to increase achievement, engagement, and success. With the goal of 100% graduation, the Promise Fellow will provide at risk students with interventions, guidance, and supports.
General AmeriCorps Promise Fellow Position Responsibilities
- Build and foster strong relationships with their selected students.
- Coordinate and deliver in and out of school time academic enrichment activities with the goal that at least 30 youth in grades 6-12 will experience academic gains.
- Meet regularly with Youth Success Team to review data and identify youth to serve; track student progress; and determine which interventions to connect to individual students or groups of students.
- Develop and organize projects that engage youth participants in service and leadership activities.
- Recruit and/or support community volunteers, including family members, to work with youth participants in areas such as mentoring, tutoring, civic engagement, and college/career exploration.
- Provide attendance and behavior coaching for students targeted for needing assistance as determined through the multi-tiered system of support approach; promise positive behavior expectations.
- Maintain data entry for program records, complete ongoing youth assessments and submit weekly and monthly reports using an online database system with support from site supervisor and site coordinator.
- Participate in all required Alliance, AmeriCorps, and Host Site meetings and assignments.
General AmeriCorps Eligibility Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National or have status as a Lawful Permanent Resident Alien
- Please note that final candidates will be required to successfully pass background checks before being officially enrolled by Minnesota Alliance With Youth.
General AmeriCorps Promise Fellow Qualifications
- Interest and experience in youth, service, education, and non-profit work
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of tasks, priorities, and people in order to meet goals
- Ability to work effectively with people of a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team, take initiative and work independently
- Ability to present oneself in a highly professional manner and be an ambassador of the program
- Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
- 40 hours/week Promise Fellows may NOT be in school full time or have another full time position and serve with the Alliance.
As a full-term, full-time AmeriCorps member, Promise Fellows serve in a full-time (40 hours per week minimum) capacity for a total of 1700 hours (minimum) from September 1st to July 31st (staggered start dates available beyond Sept 1st) and receive: Modest Living Allowance (approximately $636 twice per month, pre-tax); Health and Dental Insurance; Qualified Federal Student Loan Forbearance; Qualified Childcare Assistance; $6,095 Education Award upon successful completion of service; Ongoing, extensive support and training. Additional benefits information is available at https:mnyouth.net/.
- We are committed to recruiting and engaging individuals without regard to disability, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientiation.
- This position may not displace another employee or position in any way.
- Reasonable accomodations provided upon request for interviews and service activities.