Position Title: Recess Aide
Location: Finn Academy, 610 Lake Street, Elmira, NY
Employment Category: Non-Exempt, Part-time position
Reports to: Dean of Scholars
Job Summary: This position provides assistance and supervision for children during assigned recesses to ensure a positive and safe environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises scholars at lunchtime and/or recess.
- Insures scholars are orderly and acting in accordance with the Finn Academy behavioral expectations and core values.
- Interacts with scholars to maintain order and provides assistance when needed.
- Organizes group games and activities as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for recess equipment.
- Directs movement of scholars to and from recess in a safe and organized manner.
- Reports disciplinary and other concerns to a building administrator and/or classroom teacher.
- Maintains safe environment for scholars at all times.
- Responds to emergency situations (injured scholars, fights, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Complies with applicable school, state, local and federal laws, policies and regulations.
- Professionally represents the school in interactions with families, community, staff and scholars.
- Attends work regularly and is punctual.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit letter of interest, resume, and complete the online application.