Early Childhood Teacher
Qualifications: Must hold a valid SC license in the area of Early Childhood Education
POSITION TITLE: Teacher
REPORTS TO: Principal
SALARY RANGE: Teacher Salary Scale
To lead students in learning subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as responsible, contributing citizens.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Cooperates in developing a program of continuous progress consistent with district goals and objectives to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of pupils.
- Establishes clear and appropriate objectives for all classroom activities and communicates these objectives to students. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required and seeks appropriate assistance as needed.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for substitute teacher and/or teacher assistants and volunteers and evaluates their performance.
- Seeks the cooperation and assistance of parents through oral or written communication and/or home visits and is available to students and parents for education related purposes.
- Assists in enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and board policies.
- And all other job duties assigned by the Principal, Superintendent or the immediate supervisor.
Education and Experience:
Valid South Carolina Teaching Certificate
Knowledge of the policies, procedures and activites of the School District which pertain to the specific duties and responsibilities of the position. Knowledg in the methods for developing lesson plans and materials, and classroom activites which stimulate learing. Knowledge of the records, forms and reports which must be prepared and maintained. Knowledge of proper equipment, materials and supplies used in daily activities. Knowledge of counseling methods necessary for handling student academic and adjustment problems. Knowledg of the materials and information which must be prepared for classroom instructional activities.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents; skill in oral and written communication.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently sit, and occasionally walk and stand. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to push or lift up to 25 lbs. The employee frequently will use manual dexterity and or finger dexterity and repeat the same hand motion many times while performing the duties of this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read music or handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will frequently drive while performing the duties of this job. The employee will hear conversations in a quiet and noisy environment and have the ability to tell where a sound is coming from. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud; work is generally performed indoors.
Supervises the classroom and students.
This job description is not intended as a complete listing of job duties. The incumbent is responsible for the performance of other related duties as assigned/required.