Nutrition Services Worker I
Job | Posted a year ago
NUTRITION SERVICES WORKER I
BROOKS MIDDLE SCHOOL
BROOKS MIDDLE SCHOOL
QUALIFICATIONS: Nutrition Services Worker I should demonstrate aptitude for successful performance of the tasks listed below. Employee must have good work ethic, be able to organize their work, exhibit a caring attitude toward students and staff, and be neat and clean in appearance. This is a physical job requiring excellent stamina. Employee must be able to bend, lift, push, pull and carry often during their work day; all required work is performed standing/walking, there is no sitting while performing job duties.
REPORTS TO: Nutrition Services Manager
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: The Nutrition Services Worker I position rotates within a kitchen with Nutrition Services Worker II positions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, as assigned by the manager of the unit:
- Preparation of food using provided institutional food service recipes
- Replenishing food on service lines
- Serving food to students and staff
- Cashing on breakfast or lunch lines and accurately completing the associated banking paperwork
- Cleaning tasks within the kitchen such as santizing counters and equipment, sweeping floors and washing pots and pans.
- To put away stock after deliveries are made, securing stock for preparation from storeroom/freezers and refrigerators
- Staff members need to be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Assist with various inventory activities for food, supplies and equipment
- Be willing to learn how to operate, disassemble and clean various pieces of institutional food service equipment
- Successful Nutrition Service staff members should be able to work cooperatively as a team member within the kitchen.
- The Nutrition Services Worker I position works 3-1/2 hours per day.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Part- time hours during the school year.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Manager they report to and the Director of Nutrition Services.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: The deadline for receiving internal applications is Until Filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Valley View School District 365-U
755 Dalhart Ave. , Romeoville, IL 60446
At the following locations
Brooks Middle School
350 Blair Lane , Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246