Manages student learning in accordance with the goals and directives of the schools and states.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The minimum performance expectations include, but are not limited to, the following essential functions:
· Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information;
· Maintains discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive learning environment for all students and staff in accordance with school and county policies;
· Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students;
· Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities;
· Reports to office upon arrival at school; checks mailbox of absent teacher for materials requiring immediate attention; requests clarification of school rules and procedures, if necessary;
· Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible;
· Implements lesson plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate;
· Organizes students for effective instruction;
· Dismisses all students from the classroom before leaving the building;
· Completes a Substitute Teacher Report Form for the regular classroom teacher;
· Collects and places students’ papers in regular teacher’s desk;
· Returns instructional materials, equipment, and keys to proper place;
· Complies with and supports school and state regulations and policies;
· Performs other related duties as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with school/state policies and practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students. Ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies.
· Duties performance typically in school settings to include: classrooms, gymnasium, cafeteria, auditorium, and recreational areas.
· The worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, noise and hazards.
· Occasional movement of students by wheelchairs and other mechanical devices may be required.
· Regular instruction to special needs children may be necessary.
· Daily personal and close contact with children to provide classroom management and learning environment support is required on assigned days.
· Regular contact with other staff members and building administrator(s) is required on assigned days as a substitute
- New Jersey teaching certificate or county substitute certificate required.
- All daily substitutes are asked to work on as a needed basis.
- $120 per day, not to exceed 29 hours per week.
- Position is not benefit eligible.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.