Healthcare Professional/School Nurse
Summary Cares for and treats students in health office, as directed by, or under the supervision of the Health Office Coordinator, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans school health program, in cooperation with medical authority and administrative school personnel.
- Evaluates health status of pupils and progress of program.
- Establishes nursing policies to meet emergencies.
- Cooperates with school personnel in identifying and meeting social, emotional, and physical needs of school children.
- Provides first-aid, and maintains health records of students.
- Counsels students in good health habits.
- Works with community agencies in planning facilities to meet needs of children outside school situation.
- Assists in program for care of disabled children.
- Administers medications, dresses wounds and incisions, prepares ice packs, assists with emergency situations, and performs related tasks as directed.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student records.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments and equipment, and maintains stock of supplies and medications.
- Acts as receptionist performs secretarial duties.
- Schedules and conducts annual hearing and vision screenings of students.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED and one year certificate from college or technical school.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CPR and First Aid Certification, Medical Assistant Certification, Certified Nursing Assistant, or Licensed Practical Nurse required, RN Preferred.
Working Environment The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands; the employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Terms of Employment
- Salary based on the classified or nursing salary schedule as established by the Governing Board, depending on credentials
- 196 days + 7 paid holidays per year, 8 hours per day
- Full Benefits as assigned for the position.
- Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella Immunity/Vaccination
- Valid I-9 form
Notice of Nondiscrimination
The Florence Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in admission or access to or treatment or employment in its policies, procedures or practices, in compliance with Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Florence Unified School District Career and Technical Education Department does not discriminate in enrollment or access to any of the programs available Accounting, Audio/Visual, Bio Science, Business Management, Business Operations, Construction, Culinary Arts, Education Professions, Fire Science, Hospitality Management, Law Enforcement, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, and Veterinary Assistant. The lack of English language skills shall not be a barrier to admission or participation in the district’s activities and programs. The Florence Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
This notice is provided as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding these laws may be forwarded to the designated compliance coordinator(s). Tony Jimenez, Title IX Coordinator, Florence Unified School District-1000 South Main, Florence, Arizona. (520)-866-3560 or Dawn Winsor, 504 Coordinator, 1000 South Main, Florence High School-1000 South Main Street, Florence, Arizona. (520) 866-3560.