JobID 167 : ACES Club Instructor II - Part Time (#358981)
Hiring Range - $11.25 - $12.25
Hours: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 2:00pm to 6:00pm, and occasional District 54 half days 11am to 6pm, and possible days off - will follow School District 54 calendar and scheduled dismissals
Under the general supervision of the Early Childhood Coordinator, the ACES Club Instructor is responsible for supervising, planning, organizing, and implementing appropriate daily activities to create a nurturing extended day environment for children, in which problem solving skills, social interaction, independence, self-esteem, and creativity are supported.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervise children ranging from Kindergarten through 6th grade, appropriately grouped.
- Provide age-appropriate play, recreational learning experiences, in addition to a quiet space for relaxation and academic support.
- Prepare activities that are developmentally appropriate for the age of the children.
- Create monthly lesson plans that include theme days, special crafts, and STEM activities.
- Follow the Illinois Standards for Early Childhood Learning and Development.
- Maintain a commitment to the development of each child’s self-esteem by providing a safe and nurturing environment.
- Help each child become aware of his/her role as an integral member of the group.
- Keep communication open between families and the program; between office and the staff.
- Coordinate notes and information for the families.
- Maintain attendance records and sign out sheets.
- Help maintain a secure environment by making sure all kitchen and office items are locked up at the end of each day.
- Be present and on time every day.
- Drive a Park District bus.
- Implement Early Childhood procedures/policies with staff in a cooperative manner.
- Attend all monthly staff meetings and other required trainings/events that are scheduled
- Record accurate hours worked.
- Be enthusiastic – you are a role model
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with district policies, procedures, work/safety rules.
- Be familiar with the safe operation of any equipment necessary in accomplishing required tasks.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Current Food Handler Certification.
- Valid First Aid, CPR and AED (Pediatric and Adult) Certifications.
- Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Must pass the District’s driving test.
- Flexibility, communication skills and patience.
- Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions.
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma.
One college level course in Early Childhood.
Experience working with children.