High School Classroom Teacher (applicant pool - future jobs)
Posted 4 years ago
Career and Technical Education
Early Childhood Development/Daycare
English as a Second Language (EFL/ELL/ESL/ESOL)
Gifted and Talented
Lead Teacher/Department Head
QualificationsEducation: Bachelor of Arts degree in related field; Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate
Experience: Previous teaching experience preferred
Skills: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds trust and confidence with students.
- Teaches district approved curriculum.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Provides individualized, small group and full class instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students.
- Plans and coordinates the work of paraprofessionals, other staff, parents, and volunteers in the educational setting.
- Communicates regularly with parents by means of newsletters, notes, e-mail, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Is available to students and parents to discuss education-related issues.
- Creates a positive learning environment through functional and attractive displays, interest centers and exhibits of student's work.
- Maintains high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the District.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents; skill in oral and written communication. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs such as boxes of books and AV/VCR carts. The employee is directly responsible for safety, well-being, or work output of other people. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to loud. Duties are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors.