Job | Posted 5 years ago
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Valid Georgia Commercial Driver’s License with an S and P Endorsement (must be at least 21 years of age to obtain license); required to have held a valid driver’s license for a minimum of the 3 previous years
- Lifting, bending, sitting for prolonged periods, and upper body mobility
- Pre-employment and annual physical examination; must successfully complete bus driver training
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
- Demonstrate prompt and regular attendance.
- Assume personal responsibility for obeying all traffic laws and for compliance with the regulations of the Department of Public Safety governing the operation of school buses.
- Assume major responsibility for the safety of children on the bus conforming to safety regulations.
- Perform pre-trip inspection of bus as required by department regulations and post-trip inspection for children who may be left on bus.
- Maintain external and internal cleanliness of bus as required for safe comfortable operation.
- Maintain discipline when students are on the bus. Report behavior problems and student damage to the bus to the appropriate administrator.
- Follow assigned schedule, arriving at school with students no earlier than necessary and discharging students only at authorized stops.
- Exercise responsible leadership when on out-of-district school trips.
- Transport only authorized students.
- Report delays, accidents, and unusual situations to the Transportation Department.
- Monitor/operate communication devices for essential and emergency transmissions only.
- Attend required training meetings, Orientation, State Safety meetings, and all other meetings as requested.
- Maintain cordial relations with parents, administrators, other employees, and the general public.
- Enforce regulations against smoking and eating on the bus.
- Perform other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 181 day position. Salary based on board approved salary.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the Transportation Director or designee.
Worth County School District
103 ELDRIDGE ST , SYLVESTER, GA 31791
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,179
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.55
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 968