Job | Posted 5 months ago
- TITLE: School Bus Driver
- Class A or B CDL License with Air Brakes, School Bus(B), and Passenger(P) endorsements.
- Maintains criteria of D.O.T. physical for drivers. Comply with random testing requirements.
- Subject to an FBI Background check.
- Act to maintain student safety at all times.
- Attend and successfully complete 10 hours of required training annually.
- Meet district vehicle insurance qualifications. Maintain less than 9 points on your driving record.
- Insure the safety of all by following procedure and making intelligent decisions.
- Work professionally and effectively with staff, students, and the public.
- REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
- NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
Represent Jefferson School District Transportation Department in the daily transporting of students to and from school and all related functions. Assure the mission and philosophy of the district and department are supported throughout the position's area of responsibility.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize and follow all safety procedures.
- Perform daily pre & post trip inspections; document and report as required.
- Perform routine care for the bus; cleaning, and fueling. Report and document deficiencies.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information concerning students, staff, or parent/guardians in all situations.
- Operate and monitors radio at all times while driving and use proper radio communication procedures.
- Maintain student discipline on bus utilizing district discipline procedures, documents and reporting.
- Reports every traffic violation as required by the Department of Transportation.
- Conduct and document two evacuations per year.
- Makes self available on varied schedule.
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The exact terms will be determined by the needs of the school and budgetary constraints.
This is an “at will” position in that the employer or employee may terminate employment at any time or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. The “employment at will” policy cannot be changed verbally or in writing, unless the change is specifically authorized in writing and expressly approved by the Board of Trustees of Jefferson School District 251.
Performance of this position will be evaluated by the Director of Transportation in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on the evaluation of classified personnel.
Jefferson County Joint SD 251
201 Idaho Avenue , Rigby, ID 83442
At the following locations
504 North 3500 East , Lewisville, ID 83431
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,469
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.67
% IEP Students
State Average: 10%
State Average: 163