Kids' Company Child Care Program Lead Associate - School Age
Watertown – Mayer Community Education
Kids' Company Program Associate Job Posting
Watertown and Mayer Sites
Approximately 15-30 hours per week
Qualified applicants must demonstrate the following:
High school diploma or equivalent and at least one year of experience working with children.
A degree in the field of Elem Ed,ECE, SEd or a related field preferred
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
Experience and demonstrated success working with families and children
Minimum of one year experience working in Community Education Preschool or School Age Care program
Knowledge of School Age Care Core Competencies, NAEYC Accreditation Standards, and Department of Human Services Rule 3
Degree in a related field strongly preferred
Experience with Curriculum Development
Familiarity with computer technology
assignments may vary.)
1. Child management responsibilities include the following:
- actively engaging with children during all program hours;
- demonstrating an understanding, patient, warm, and receptive attitude toward all children;
- using appropriate child guidance techniques when interacting with children;
- encouraging conversation and problem-solving among children by using effective communication, reinforcement, redirection, and role modeling;
- assisting with and implementing accommodation plans as necessary for student success
- leading group activities as directed by the Site Supervisor.
2. Site management responsibilities include the following:
- setting up and putting away games, equipment, and supplies as directed by the Site Supervisor and weekly program schedule;
- providing input for program planning and activities;
- implementing policies and procedures;
- maintaining records such as tracking logs, behavior, accidents, and timesheets;
- assisting with child nutrition procedures
- keeping program and storage areas orderly.
3. Communication responsibilities include the following:
- greeting parents and children during check-in and pick-up times;
- explaining program guidelines and expectations to children;
- communicating positive feedback to parents on a regular basis;
- attending regularly scheduled staff meetings;
- attending 2% of total annual hours in in-service training;
- observing confidentiality
- maintaining professional boundaries at all times.
4. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.