Job | Posted a year ago
- High School Diploma
- Demonstrates the aptitude and interest in completion of assigned tasks
- Ability to read basic operation instructions and write reports
- Ability to meet and work with the public, staff and students
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment used for cleaning as required.
- Ability to perform basic computerized tasks and to use online software programs.
- FBI and BCI background check.
- Sweep, dust and empty trash in assigned area daily. Mop all spots or areas that sweeping will not clean.
- Scrub and disinfect toilet areas, fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
- Clean walls, light switch areas, doors, etc. where high traffic patterns collect dirt once per week.
- Clean glass and windows inside as needed.
- Clean chalkboards at least once per week
- Dust or wash furniture as needed.
- Report immediately any damage to school property
- Report all types of needed repairs and supplies, in writing, to the Head Custodian.
- Service and refill all dispensers as needed.
- Turn off lights, lock windows and all doors as required for security.
- Follow all shutdown procedures for energy conservation.
- Permit no unauthorized group or individuals in the building.
- Change light bulbs and clean fixtures as needed.
- Clean and remove all pen and pencil marks from any furniture, walls, floors or other physical areas daily.
- Report any condition that requires more than routine cleaning or maintenance to the Head Custodian.
- Perform summer maintenance and cleanup work with the scrubbing crew as required.
- Keep custodial rooms clean and orderly
- Property clean and store all equipment after use.
- Set up and tear down equipment and fixtures as needed for school activities; make sure building is ready for school the next day.
- Assist in the training of substitute custodians in proper procedures.
- Make wise use of time and materials.
- The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the district.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Vermilion Local Schools
1250 Sanford Street , Vermilion, OH 44089
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,686
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.87
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 294