SUBSTITUTE BUS MONITOR
Job | Posted 3 years ago
- High School Diploma
- Willingness to work as needed when regular employees are absent
- Ability to meet and work with the public
- Ability to relate to handicapped students and their parents, including behaviorally handicapped students, and develop a rapport so that control and discipline can be managed
- FBI and BCI background check.
JOB GOAL: To provide a safe and healthy environment for all students on the bus. Exercise control of students so that the driver can perform his or her assigned duties without distraction.
- Maintain discipline when students are on the bus and be sure that all safety devices, such as harnesses, belts and wheelchair straps are in use.
- Be aware of and follow established disciplinary procedure as outlined in the handbook when necessary. The written report will be co-signed by the driver.
- Be alert to all unusual actions and possible illnesses of students.
- Ability to handle all loading and unloading of students unless the driver’s assistance is required.
- Ability to keep all incidents and actions in strict confidence.
- Maintain the inside of the bus in a clean and healthful manner and pick up materials that may be dropped during the run.
- Work with special education supervisor of the school and complete reports for behavior as required.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds if needed.
- Report any absence or lateness from work to the Supervisor at the earliest possible time so that a substitute can be obtained.
- The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his or her employment in the district.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Vermilion Local Schools
1250 Sanford Street , Vermilion, OH 44089
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,686
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.87
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 294