Special Education Teacher SY20/21
TITLE: TEACHER SPECIAL EDUCATION
CONTRACT TERMS: EXEMPT/10 Month
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Certified Salary Determination Chart
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develops and implements a curriculum program consistent with district educational goals and objectives.
Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is illustrative only, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.
- Serves as case manager responsible for coordinating the development, monitoring, and implementation of inclusion student's Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Maintains accurate and confidential records of all assigned students.
- Organizes a Special Education team, comprised of all essential parties, to discuss, change and/or modify IEP’s by expatriation date or when necessary.
- Observes and monitors control of students behavior in the classroom, playground, field-trips, lunchroom, library, school buses and other areas.
- Establishes, maintains and promotes a classroom atmosphere which ensures the emotional and physical safety and well being of students and emphasizes mutual respect, self-worth, self-discipline, cooperation, consideration and responsibility.
- Assesses student needs and develops, implements and evaluates daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials. Modifies instruction of program to meet the needs of each child.
- Utilizes and implements classroom management techniques to maintain organization, orderliness and student safety, and a productive learning environment. Utilizes positive reinforcement to maximize desired behavior and educational outcomes.
- Evaluates written materials to include written assignments and tests. Analyzes and evaluates student progress and course curriculum.
- Evaluates the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and makes necessary provisions to meet learning needs. Ensures parents and students are informed of methods of evaluation utilized in the classroom.
- Develop the instructional plan for assigned students. Work with the Special Education Paraprofessional in implementing lesson plans and educational approaches of the Individual Education Plan..
- Assist the regular education classroom teacher with modifications and strategies for including the inclusion student as much as practical.
- Provide information, support, and communication with parents and families.
- And other duties as assigned.
A. REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Valid Arizona teaching certification; Must also have a Special Education Endorsement on their Teaching Certificate (or equivalent education and/or training),
- Highly Qualified, as defined by Federal Standards, in the area in which you are to teach;
- Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum qualifications and state certification requirements will be accepted.
- Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
B. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
C. COMMITMENT & DEPENDABILITY
- Willingness to perform as an integral member of a successful team;
- Dedication to providing the highest level of service;
- Willingness to adhere to policies and procedures.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
EVALUATION PROCEDURE: In accordance with provisions specified in Governing Board policy.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to school/site administration
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Some
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online. To view similar jobs and for more information on our District, please go to: www.susd30.us