JobID 207 : AVID Academic Coach (#354361)
Position: Academic Coach for College-Readiness Program
Schedule: Up to 10 hours per week
Description: Academic Coaches are a vital part of AVID, a college-readiness program designed to teach underserved students the skills needed to succeed in a rigorous academic environment. Coaches facilitate structured study groups that use guided inquiry to solve students’ confusion from their toughest classes. They also take an active role in developing students’ academic and personal strength, along with providing insight into the college journey.
- Attend monthly AVID Coach meetings
- Work with small groups of students ranging from grade 7-12 in a variety of subject areas
- Facilitate study groups according to AVID specifications outlined in training
- Communicate with AVID teacher regarding students’ progress and areas of concern
- Set an example for AVID students of high expectations and personal excellence
- ?Complete required AVID training ?
- Preferred college student (or graduate) with a minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Required background check
- Coaches are not required to be skilled in specific content area (i.e., writing, algebra, etc); a variety of specialties is preferred.