JobID 179 : Paraprofessional (#354288)
We accept paraprofessional applications throughout the year. If a position should become available, we will contact you.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years of college or passing score on PSC approved paraprofessional assesment
For information on the Paraprofessional Assesment Test, please call First District RESA at 912-842-5000
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS
Must hold or be able to obatin a certified Georgia Professional Certificate
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITES & JOB DUTIES
1. Work Habits
- Observes assigned work hours.
- Maintains a pattern of prompt and regular attendance
- Follows the daily schedule
- Adjusts to work assignments and/or schedule changes
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by the teacher
- Provides extra assistance to students with special needs.
- Assists as directed by teacher in the effort to successfully maintain students in a safe setting.
- Assists the teacher in preparing materials and equipment for direct instrucational activity, including locating, copying, and distributing materials to support instrucational activities planned by the teacher.
- Assists with bulletin boards and decorations for instrucational purposes and sepcail events.
- Supervises students in classrooms, halls, cafeteria, and playgrounds.
- Performs asssigned non-instructional classroom duties, such as hall and lunchroom duties.
- Serves as a source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned to class.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the teacher, principal or his/her designee.
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality or information about students in school environment and community.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with principal, supervising teacher, students, parents, staff, and public.
- Participates in professional learning activities which align with school improvement goals
- Particpates in staff development oevelopment opportunities provided by the county
- Demonstrates a positive attitude toward wrok assignment
- Accepts responsibility for the work assigned.
- Maintains appropriate appearance.
- Performance evaluation is ongoing. Annual evaluation completed by Principal or his/her designee.