Paraprofessional/Relationship Manager Detroit
Job | Posted 3 years ago
Position Title: Relationship Manager/ Paraprofessionals
Reports to: Director
Location: TBD – This position reports to the learning center five days per week.
The primary function of the on-site virtual education Relationship Manager/ Para Pro is to foster learning for all students enrolled at that location. The Relationship Manager’s job is to develop meaningful relationships with Success students and motivate all students to be successful in their coursework.
At Success VLC, We Inspire Hope.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. Working at Success VLC is truly a mission of hope. There are incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. Our values and our mission unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. Together…we provide innovative educational opportunities that inspire hope and lifelong achievement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Success Virtual Learning Relationship Managers are the first point of contact for all students. Teachers and Relationship Managers are the main motivational coaches for their caseload of students.
- Tutoring students both in person and virtually.
- Having multiple conversations with students each week; especially students that choose not to attend the learning center.
- Paraprofessionals are guided by teachers and assist in implementing behavioral plans.
- Assist Center Directors and Teachers as necessary.
- Paraprofessionals assist Teachers in enrolling all prospective students. Paraprofessionals must be strong customer service leaders for students, families and community members.
- Paraprofessionals enroll all prospective students. Paraprofessionals must be strong customer service leaders for students, families and community members.
- Facilitate training on all software and online programs for new students. Assist with instituting all student orientations for successful learning with Success VLC.
- Be an active participate in all professional development sessions and in-service learning opportunities and objectives. Training sessions may require overnight travel.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Experience and training which provide the following abilities, skills and knowledge:
- Experience/skills with computer and computer software programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite, and student management systems.
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks with self-direction in a timely manner.
- Excellent English and grammar skills, proofreading skills, oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively operate various systems and office equipment.
- Successful Online/Alternative Education teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the use of technology in both instructional and operational settings.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills including the ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communications.
- Must exhibit a pleasant personality and positive attitude toward working with administration, staff and community members. Evidence of ability to establish working relationships that result in mutual respect.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in an efficient and effective manner.
- Must be proficient in Google Applications. Ie: mail and docs
- Paraprofessional applicant must be a self-starter, and independent thinker. It is essential in this position that the candidate is a very strong problem solver. This position requires the paraprofessional to make decisions without being directed to do so.
Success Virtual Learning Centers
7188 Avenue B , Vestaburg, MI 48891
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,292
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 199