Center Director for Lansing and Detroit
Position Title: Center Director
Reports to: Regional Director
Education: Bachelor’s Degree with secondary certification preferred. Other administrative experience considered in lieu.
Center Directors supervise and facilitate the daily operations of Success VLC public high school. Center Director may also attend outside-of-school events, meet with parents and oversee disciplinary activities, which can extend their workweek beyond 40 hours.
- Need to have a strong work ethic, professional attitude and a desire to excel within a start-up environment as we are growing quickly.
- Proven successful experience as Supervisor/Manager or Administrator is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work as a team player.
- Monitor expenditures and submit reports as required.
- Experience and training which provide the following abilities, skills and knowledge: Solid knowledge/skills with computer and computer software programs, such as Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel, Google applications (Google docs and mail) etc.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills including the ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communications.
- Must exhibit a pleasant personality and positive attitude toward working with administration, staff and community members. Evidence of ability to establish working relationships that result in mutual respect.
- An ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines.
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks with self-direction in a timely manner.
- Excellent English and grammar skills, proofreading skills and oral and written communications skills.
- Be able to speak before large and small groups with poise and enthusiasm.
- Support and maintain integrity of the program that is implemented from the executive team using quality assurance metrics.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must be able to work independently and provide direction for continuous improvement.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in an efficient and effective manner.
- Must exhibit critical thinking and using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Service oriented with proven methods to actively look for ways to help people.
- Ability to make judgments and decisions quickly taking into consideration the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate and timely conclusion.
All interested persons must contact Human Resources Director, Frank Sebastian, at email@example.com.
Please include your resume, cover letter, and contact information
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To help communicate and nurture relationships with students, parents, partner school, board of education, administration, staff, etc.
To connect with Relationship Managers on a regular basis to answer questions, assist with social media for each center and ensure high quality communication. It is important to have a gauge on why the center may be struggling and to work with Regional Director and Marketing Team to offer assistance with strategic, time-sensitive campaigns and training to help succeed with student engagement, recruiting and retention.
To assist with implementation of training methods to increase awareness of procedures and increase Relationship Manager knowledge and to have staff, the center and self be available to assist with video training production and content.
To work with Regional Director and vendors to ensure the center is maintained at a high performance level at all times.
To works with Regional Director to oversee forecasting activities and set performance goals and standards for individual staff accordingly.
To Track and monitor student performance and other metrics as deemed necessary, and work with Regional Director and Director of Quality Assurance.
To maintain a clear channel of communication with all staff. This includes communicating with Regional Director, daily communication, weekly department meetings and internal written communication. He/she needs to be a team player.
To develop and maintain professional relationships with community partners, local schools, press and other organizations for purpose of identifying community needs and participating in relevant partnerships. It is important to update Regional Director of any local issues that may affect standing in community, marketing efforts or student enrollment.
To help establish onboarding of new students to ensure every student is offered quality, fast and efficient service ensuring our brand quality and mission.
To works closely with Regional Director to identify onboarding and training needs of new staff as well as current staff.
To oversee systematic greeting of students, family and staff so all feel valued. I.e.: maintain communications between staff members including important dates for staff, student is aware of important dates, contact information, answer questions.
To maintain our overall appearance of the center as it pertains to the look and feel of our centers. How we present ourselves to the community by optimizing and training our front line staff in excellent customer service, phone etiquette and good business practices.
To participate in professional development activities aimed at current trends and best practices.