Food Service Helper
Title: Food Service Helpers and Substitute Helpers
The Food Service Helper provides general food services for the district and reports to the Food Service Director, the Building Principal and the Director of Operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is familiar with and adheres to all federal, state and local regulations regarding Food Service.
- Prepares and displays food in a high quality manner.
- Demonstrates money-handling accuracy.
- Demonstrates proficiency in phone and computer systems.
- Demonstrates respect and consideration to all customers.
- Guards property against theft, and illegal entry; maintain security.
- Maintains and operates all equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Assists in meeting the highest standards of safety and sanitation as prescribed by the local health department.
- Performs all assigned duties in a manner in which contributes to the safety and well being of the staff, students and building.
- Assists in the "hands-on" training of new employees.
- Keeps informed of prices, portion sizes and which utensil to use.
- Prepares relevant records and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs all food service duties as assigned by supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Possess good habits, character and attendance records.
- Be neat in appearance.
- Be able to speak, read and write at a level of proficiency that permits satisfactory job performance.
- Be capable and demonstrate the establishment and maintenance of harmonious effective relationships with students, staff and supervisors.
- Upon request, present a certificate signed by a licensed physician appointed by the school board verifying the physical ability to perform the job.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Possess a willingness to learn new job skills
- Motor Vehicle Operator's (DMV) License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Successful prior experience working as a lunch or food service helper, preferably in a school district or with children.