JobID 176 : Substitute Paraprofessional (#352755)
To assist the teacher in maintaining appropriate classroom activities and a warm, caring environment.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The substitute aide shall be a temporary member of the instructional staff. He/she shall demonstrate the ability to work well with handicapped individuals, flexible enough to work in each classroom where he/she may be needed and be able to follow instructions.
The substitute aide will report directly to the classroom teacher in whose room he/she is assigned and/or the shift supervisor (weekends).
High school diploma, experience with children. Some experience with handicapped children desired. Paraprofessional Certification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervision of assigned children at all times.
2. Participate in daily classroom activities.
3. Assume responsibilities for basic care of students including:
c. Oral hygiene
d. Personal hygiene
e. Hair care
4. Alert the teacher to any special educational or medical needs of individual students
5. Demonstrate ability to complete all tasks as assigned by classroom teacher/supervisor.
6. Adhere to all official policies and procedures of the Philip J. Rock Center and School.