To assist the teacher in maintaining appropriate classroom activities and a warm, caring environment.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The substitute aide shall be a temporary member of the instructional staff. He/she shall demonstrate the ability to work well with handicapped individuals, flexible enough to work in each classroom where he/she may be needed and be able to follow instructions.
The substitute aide will report directly to the classroom teacher in whose room he/she is assigned and/or the shift supervisor (weekends).
1. A strong desire to provide opportunities for growth for students with disabilities
2. Paraprofessional license or will to obtain license.
3. Experience with children/students with disabilities
4. Valid driver’s license with good driving record
5. Demonstrate ability and willingness to actively participate in physical activities, with students, especially swimming and horseback riding
6. Successful completion of probationary period
7. The ability to lift up to 70 lbs. is a requirement
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervision of assigned children at all times.
2. Participate in daily classroom activities.
3. Assume responsibilities for basic care of students including:
c. Oral hygiene
d. Personal hygiene
e. Hair care
4. Alert the teacher to any special educational or medical needs of individual students
5. Demonstrate ability to complete all tasks as assigned by classroom teacher/supervisor.
6. Adhere to all official policies and procedures of the Philip J. Rock Center and School.