Assistant Swim Team Coach - Metro Marlins
Description: Assistant Swim Team Coach (Metro Marlins)
The Metro Marlins Swim Team is seeking a qualified assistant swim team coach.
This coach must be interested in working with younger swimmers and their families and must be dedicated to helping these developing swimmers find passion and fun in the sport of swimming.
- Responsible for conducting swim practices and supporting program priorities.
- Monitor and ensure participant safety at all times.
- Create conditions which ensure an enjoyable experience for children.
- Manage participation through respectful and equitable approaches.
- Work collaboratively with Community Education staff to implement a philosophy that is supportive of participants' development in the swimming skills targeted through the activity.
- Communicate effectively with students, other school staff, parents, and building administrators, regarding program needs and developments.
- Experience working with children and background in aquatics.
- Successful candidates will ideally have 2+ years of coaching experience and/or competitive experience.
- Must be a USA-Swimming certified coach or capable of attaining certification.
- Thorough knowledge and application of swimming and water safety skills.
- Must have ability to teach fundamentals to advanced stroke technique for all strokes including starts and turns.
- Lifeguarding, CPR/AED, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification is a plus. (We can assist acquiring all certification).
- Effective teaching and/or practice management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration with others.
- Understanding of the role of parent involvement and the ability to collaborate with parents.
- Commitment to supporting the whole child in their pursuit of high levels of mastery of skill within the program.
Pay Rate: Commensurate with Orono Community Education pay scale for assistant coaches ($12-$15 per hour).
All applicants must apply online at: http://bit.ly/oronojobs
or www.orono.k12.mn.us >> District Office >> Human Resources
District Website: www.orono.k12.mn.us
Mr. Brian Bergstrom, Assistant Director of Community Education
Dr. Scott E. Alger, Director of Human Resources