SUBSTITUTE Paraeducator - Special Education
Job | Posted 3 years ago
Description: SUBSTITUTE - Special Education Paraeducator
- Provide supervision to students in a variety of special education and regular classroom settings.
- Support student academic needs, as well as social, emotional, and self-care needs in a variety of settings as assigned.
- Collaborate with other paraprofessionals for the benefit of all students.
- Help students develop life skills.
- This is a six and a half (6.5) hour per day position - on an as-needed basis.
- Paraprofessionals must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job, which entails lifting, bending, and twisting in various settings.
- Be a motivated, self-starter with the ability to handle situations with a calm demeanor.
- A high level of compassion for students with developmental disabilities is essential.
- Flexibility and a cooperative nature are required.
All applicants must apply online at: http://bit.ly/oronojobs
or www.orono.k12.mn.us >> District Office >> Human Resources
District Website: www.orono.k12.mn.us
Ms. Nancy Manion, District Office Receptionist
Dr. Scott E. Alger, Director of Human Resources
Orono Public School District
705 Old Crystal Bay Rd N , Long Lake, MN 55356
At the following locations
Orono Public Schools
685 Old Crystal Bay Road North , Long Lake, MN 55356
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,408
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.44
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 200