4th grade Elementary Teacher
Teacher - Escatawpa Upper Elementary 4th Grade
There are no specific vacancies at this time. However, you may submit an application at any time.
- Valid Mississippi Teaching Certificate with proper subject area endorsement
To provide instructional leadership in teaching students to achieve, at a high level, the goals of the chosen course of study that will contribute to the development of the total child.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Plan a program of study that, as nearly as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students and is consistent with district and state standards.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and other activities to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employ instructional methods and materials that positively affect student achievement.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Assess the learning abilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Counsel with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) and cooperatively, with department heads and grade chairs, evaluate their job performance.
- Maintain accurate records of students' attendance, grades, and other pertinent information.
- Encourage, model, and enforce socially acceptable behavior in students.
- Integrate multi-media technology in the teaming/learning process.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Work cooperatively with other personnel and supervisors in planning and carrying out school and district goals.
- Employ practices that will involve parents in the education of their child.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal.
The Moss Point School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.