Bus Driver (Open Pool)
Bus Driver (2017) - Moss Point, MS - Moss Point School District Jobs
There are no specific vacancies at this time. However, you may submit an application at any time.
- Possesses a valid "B" or "C" Commercial Driver's License with a "P" endorsement and a valid Mississippi Bus Card.
- Pass a regular school bus drivers training course approved by the Mississippi State Board of Education every two years.
- 21 years of age or older
- Good moral character, emotionally stable, cheerful, confident and considerate.
- Submit to a pre-employment drug screening and receive negative results on both alcohol and drug tests.
To provide transportation for students to and from school and on extracurricular activities in a safe and proficient manner.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Conduct a thorough pre-trip inspection of the school bus.
- Obey and observe all traffic laws and mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Perform a minimum of two school bus evacuation drills each school year utilizing appropriate emergency procedures.
- Keep the interior of the bus clean.
- Maintain routes and schedules as planned by the Transportation Department.
- Maintain assigned schedule without speeding.
- Exercise the effective defense driving skills of self-control.
- Report any hazards along the existing route to appropriate school officials.
- Maintain discipline on the school bus without jeopardizing safety while driving.
- Remain alert at all times to hazards, including but not limited to poor weather conditions, other vehicles, road conditions, and trains at railroad crossings.
- Complete all reports on bus discipline, bus maintenance and another reports required by the local school board.
- Notify the Heard Mechanic or designee in case of mechanical failure.
- Notify the Supervisor of Transportation or designee the need for schedule or route changes.
- Require that pupils remain out of stepwell, keep emergency doors closed and keep the driver's view clear.
- Discharge students only at authorized stops and transport only authorized students.
- Report all accidents and complete required reports.
- Display a wholesome attitude and self-control at all times, being friendly, fair and firm.
- Dress properly. (Shorts may be worn provided they are at least mid-thigh in length).
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Supervisor of Transportation or his designee.
The Moss Point School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.