JobID 766 : Special Education Teacher Aurora IL (#342706)
Posted 6 days ago
Special Education Teacher- Aurora, Illinois IL
CORE Academy 801 W. Illinois Ave Aurora, IL. 60506
- Position available due to increased student enrollment
- **Possible Sign-On Bonus for Certified Special Education Teachers** Can be discussed in interview. Apply to arrange an interview.
- This is a permanent position.
- This position is a full-time, permanent teaching position with benefits
- Now Hiring New LBS1 Graduates as well as other qualified candidates of all experience levels.
Core Academy, a Special Education Services school and an affiliate of The Menta Group®, is a kindergarten through 12th grade therapeutic educational services program for special education students. Classrooms are designed to be active learning environments where young people have the opportunity to experience educational and behavioral success on a regular basis. The high school curriculum is intended to aid students in acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to become eligible for post-secondary education and/or employment.
Successful candidates for this position will be creative, energetic and eager to develop and implement innovative solutions to critical problems in education. This staff member will be working in an atmosphere where data-driven decision making and teamwork is the norm.
- Valid IL PEL with Special Education LBS1 Endorsement
- Will consider PEL Secondary Education Certification w/willingness to gain LBS1 endorsement
- Knowledge of Common Core Standards
- Experience with PBIS and behavior intervention encouraged
- Teach all subjects in a self-contained classroom / Teach Lifeskills in a self-contained classroom
- Be flexible on grade-levels taught.
- Classroom sizes are at or near 10 students with Paraprofessional support in the room.
- Utilize a PBIS model to support students as a group and individually
- Implement and maintain consistent and clear classroom expectations for students to follow
- Utilize a variety of instructional strategies to meet individual needs of all students
- Provide students with superior instruction in areas of academic curriculum and socially acceptable behaviors
- Engage in excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary in-keeping with area standards.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous Paid Benefit Time-Off for Salaried Employees
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- 10 Month Position with 12 Month Pay
- Pay for the right Reg-Ed Teacher to become Special Ed Certified
How to Apply:
Submit Application for Job ID 766 at www.thementagroup.org/careers/apply
Inquiries may be directed to Heather Bakken
O: (630) 906-7765
C: (630) 207-5296
More About CORE Academy
Core Academy was established to positively impact the academic and social-emotional competencies of students referred to the program. Believing that all children have a right to quality educational services, SES programs maintain a no refusal, no suspension, no expulsion policy, an integrated focus on academic and social-emotional learning, and a continuum of learning and behavioral supports. Small class size, intensive clinical services, and a competently trained staff of educators combine to make this program a positive and dynamic place to learn. The emphasis is placed on teamwork and creativity to provide this positive environment for our students to excel.
The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.