English Teacher Grades 7-12 For Maine Virtual Academy
Maine Virtual Academy is seeking a talented Middle and High School english teacher our fall semester. Our teachers should have a passion to provide students with a world class educational program that meets student’s needs. Teaching in a virtual school requires a strong educational background, excellent instructional skills, and a proven commitment to student success. We have an excellent training program for teachers new to teaching in a virtual school. Teachers must be able to commute to Augusta and work 8am -4pm, 5 days per week.
The ideal candidate has knowledge and training in teaching, is comfortable working in a technology rich environment; exhibits superior organizational and communication skills; is compassionate and student centered; and can participate effectively in a team environment.
To schedule an interview please contact Kim Whitman at email@example.com or call Kim at 207-613-8900, ext. 2021.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree
- Eligible for teaching certification in the State of Maine.
- Current CHRC with State of Maine
- Experience with middle and high school students.
Some of the responsibilities of a MEVA teacher include:
- Working with your students individually to complete and work with an ILP (Individual Learning Plan) for each student.
- Engaging students in online coursework.
- Monitoring and analyzing student efforts and proving timely feedback and coaching.
- Communicating effectively with students in the virtual classroom, the virtual homeroom and through other forms of communication to keep students motivated and engaged in school.
- Communicating with parents and learning coaches on a regular and as needed basis.
- Managing and pacing multiple courses.
- Grading assignments, exams and projects within 5 days.
- Proctoring student assessment tests across the State of Maine.
- Participating in 504 and IEP meetings as part of the student team.
- Hold parent-teacher conferences each semester.
- Working as a positive team member with the MEVA staff
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Participate in open house events.
Documents needed to apply:
- College transcripts
- Current CHRC certificate
- Letter of Introduction
- List of 3 or more professional references