Substitute Bus Driver
There are substitute bus driver positions available for Mansfield City Schools.
Listed below are some duties, responsibilities and requirements for this position:
The school bus driver should have an understanding of the role of student transportation in the educational program, and meet all the physical, mental, and moral requirements established by State laws and regulations, and local board of education policies:
- Have a good driving record (5 years).
- Be of legal age (Section 3327.10 of the Revised Code).
- Be physically qualified (Rule 3301-83-07).
- Have an annual driver record check (Rule 3301-83-07 of the Administrative Code).
- Must hold a valid Ohio Commercial Driver's License with Class B, School Bus, and Passenger endorsement.
- Participate in pre-service and in-service training programs (Rule 3301-83-10 of the Administrative Code).
- Have the physical capability to appropriately lift and manage handicapped students when necessary.
- Possess the ability to cope with stressful situations as related to handicapped students.
- Participate in in-service training programs related to transportation of the handicapped.
- A favorable report from the State Bureau of Criminal Identification and The Federal Bureau of Investigation must be required every 6 years.
- Ability to pass Ohio school bus recertification every 6 years.
- Ability to pass a substance screening test at random.
To provide safe and efficient transportation so students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage of the district's curriculum and extracurricular programs.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: Transportation Supervisor
- Obey all traffic laws (State and Local).
- Observe all mandatory safety laws and regulations for school buses.
- Maintain discipline while students are on the bus.
- Report any discipline problems to the proper authority on the district conduct report form.
- Keep assigned bus clean and fueled.
- Maintain assigned schedule unless changed by the Supervisor of Transportation.
- Check bus before each trip for mechanical defects as outlined by Ohio Revised Code Section 3301-83-11, Section (B).
- Notify the proper authority (Supervisor of Transportation) in case of mechanical failure or unusual delay.
- Discharge students only at authorized stops.
- Exercise responsible leadership when on out-of-district school trips by working with teachers and chaperones assigned to bus.
- Transport only authorized students and/or adults.
- Report all accidents and complete required reports.
- Enforce all school bus regulations as to safe riding practices.
- Follow established procedures in the event of a medical emergency.
- Abide by the Mansfield City Board of Education policies and regulations.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as may be assigned by the Transportation Supervisor.
The work schedule for this position is 7:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M., and 2:15 P.M. to 4:15 P.M. This position is approximately four hours. All applicants are required to complete pre-employment screenings at their expense..