Americorps Promise Fellow
Position: AmeriCorps Promise Fellow
School: Position: AmeriCorps Promise Fellow
School: Lester Prairie School, 131 Hickory St. N, Lester Prairie, MN 55354
AmeriCorps Promise Fellows work at host schools and organizations across the state to promote positive youth outcomes and close the achievement and opportunity gaps. Promise Fellows serve at their host sites, while working with Alliance Trainers and staff for support and guidance in order to fulfill their service through AmeriCorps.
Promise Fellows serve youth in grades 6-8. Each Promise Fellow works with a school team to analyze data, make referrals for additional opportunities, identify youth who need support, and connect the youth to resources and programs that will engage them in school and learning. This role ensures that youth receive access to caring adults, service and leadership opportunities, and high quality in and out of school support. The goal of the Fellow’s service is to build relationships with youth and support them to engage in school.
· Must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED
· Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National or have status as a Lawful Permanent Resident Alien
· Interest in youth, service, education, and non-profit work
· Strong written and oral communication skill
· Ability to deal effectively with a variety of tasks, priorities, and people in order to meet goals
· Self-motivated, able to work in a team, take initiative and work independently
· Multicultural experience and a proven ability to work with diverse populations
· Ability to provide academic support at the middle school level in the areas of math and reading
· Associate or Bachelor Degree in community or youth development, education, or related field
· Volunteer experience and desire to develop a strong ethic of service
· Experience working collaboratively with youth and adults
· Commitment to positive youth development
As a full-time AmeriCorps member, Promise Fellows serve 1720 hours (minimum) from September 1st to July 31st and receive: Living Allowance (approximately $569 twice per month, pre-tax); Health and Dental Insurance; Qualified Student Loan Forbearance; Qualified Childcare Assistance; $5,775 Education Award upon successful completion of service; Ongoing, extensive support and training.
More information: Please visit us at www.lp.k12.mn.us to learn more about our school and https://mnyouth.net to learn more about AmeriCorps Promise Fellows.
How to Apply: Please visit https://mnyouth.net/ to complete the AmeriCorps Promise Fellow online application and email cover letter, resume, and three references along with the Alliance’s application to: firstname.lastname@example.org