Security Guards Pool (Part-Time)
Job | Posted a month ago
Under the supervision of the Director of Facilities/building Principals:
- Assist in a supervisory capacity in providing for the security and protection of all students, staff and property.
- Patrol district buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry.
- Conduct patrol inspections of doors, windows and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Patrol school grounds to detect unauthorized persons or vehicles, to check vehicles for parking authorization, to determine whether vehicles are parked in restricted areas such as near fire hydrants or in driveways, and to check exterior lighting and emergency access routes.
- Confront unauthorized persons for questioning, re-route or detain them and/or call police for assistance, according to the emergency plan of action.
- Make written reports of security violations.
- Assume other assignments as assigned by the Director of Facilities.
- Work under limited supervision with a high degree of independence to select appropriate techniques to complete all assigned objectives, subject to periodic review of performance and progress in accordance with the Board of Education's policy on the evalution of support service personnel.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Security experience
- Criminal history background check
- Proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status
Hourly per HSEA contract (to a maximum 28.75 hours per week)
Hoboken Public Schools
1115 Clinton Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345