STUDENT TEACHER AND INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT PROCESS
The Lincoln County R-III School District welcomes qualified student teachers and student interns to learn with our excellent staff! We require our candidates to follow the process as outlined below:
- Student must be recommended by his/her university or college in order to be considered for placement. Detailed requests for placement must be sent to the Human Resource Department, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or regular mail by the university/college.
- Student Teacher/Intern candidate must complete an on-line application to be considered for placement in the Lincoln County R-III School District. The application can be accessed through the Human Resources page of the District website at www.troy.k12.mo.us. Transcripts and either student profile, bio or resume should be uploaded with the application.
- Student Teachers are required to have a 3.5 content area GPA for elementary student teaching/interning and a 3.0 content area GPA for secondary student teaching/interning.
- Two background check clearances will be required before the assignment begins. An FBI fingerprint background check using the LCR3 District code (1220) and a child abuse/neglect background check clearance through the Family Safety Care Registry (FCR).
- Once all required items have been received, Human Resources will pursue placement with the building administrators. The HR department will contact the university or college with placement details.
- Once assignment is confirmed, the cooperating teacher/staff member will contact the student teacher/intern to set up details.
You may contact Tammy Block at email@example.com or 636-462-5194 ext. 50500 for more information on becoming a Student Teacher or intern.