Student Recruitment Representatives (Lake County) (Part-Time)
LEARN is a network of high performing college preparatory, tuition-free public elementary and middle schools. that serve children. There are 10 LEARN Schools serving 4,100 students in grades PK-8 across Chicago, Waukegan, and North Chicago.
LEARN and our amazing educators, have received numerous recognitions for making an impact in public education, including the 2018 Chicago Magazine's Top Elementary Charter Schools and the 2018 Illinois Network of Charter Schools Principal of the Year Award.
LEARN's mission remains crystal clear: to provide children with the academic foundation and ambition to earn a college degree. LEARN is currently looking for hard-working and passionate professionals that are dedicated to transforming public education.PURPOSE
At LEARN Charter School Network we strive to provide our students with the best education possible. It is our goal each and every day to Educate, Innovate, and Inspire each and every person that comes to our schools. We pride ourselves in knowing that our students are not only receiving the education that they deserve, but also developing the necessary life skills needed to be successful.
Our Regional Student Recruitment Representatives understand the importance of offering educational CHOICE to families in Illinois. Our Regional Student Recruitment Representatives coordinate the recruitment efforts of all new students at LEARN schools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the enrollment process according to established policies and procedures at LEARN.
- Work closely with the Enrollment Manager and Principals of that Region to develop a comprehensive marketing and field marketing plan to recruit new students.
- Oversee collection and processing of prospective student applications.
- Represent LEARN Charter School Network in recruiting efforts to preschools schools, churches, youth centers and other organizations serving potential candidates for enrollment.
- Meet with parents, prospective applicants and feeder-school representatives to promote our schools.
- Research community events and recruitment opportunities to promote our schools.
- Work closely with Principal and Office Manager to coordinator tours of the school and open houses, and other activities for prospective students and their parents.
- Support the Office Manager with any recruitment events as needed.
- Prepare reports on enrollment progress for the Principal and Enrollment Manager.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude, good communication skills, and sensitivity to working in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with community partners.
- Team Player.
- Result Oriented.
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Background in education or experience working with or in schools.
- Familiar with charter school movement in Illinois is a PLUS.
- Has the ability to work independently and without significant supervision. This person will be working in the community doing recruitment for the majority of their time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (i.e., Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.), internet research and database functionality.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Experience in developing and implementing procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and a diverse workload, while achieving results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to defuse tense situations and get others organized to meet project expectations.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public and staff at all levels in a personable and professional manner.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files.
Majority of work performed in a general office environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. The ability to travel in the Chicagoland area. Also requires participation and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of LEARN Charter Schools Network. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.