Substitute Bus Aide
JOB TITLE: Substitute Bus Aide
JOB GOAL: To assist the bus driver in providing safe transportation of students
1. Ability to read, write and to perform assigned duties
2. High school diploma or equivalent certificate
3. Minimum experience as determined by the board
4. Knowledge of bus passenger safety and effective discipline procedures
5. Required criminal history background check, Mantoux, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
6. Ability to meet the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform required duties
1. Assist the bus driver in maintaining student conduct on the bus.
2. Assists students which may include students with disabilities and non-ambulatory students
3. Provides written records of violations of student conduct code to the Transportation Coordinator
4. Collects any personal items left on the bus and delivers them to the transportation office.
5. Provides instruction to students regarding passenger safety and ensures that students wear their seat belts.
6. Participates in scheduled emergency bus exit drills.
7. Checks to be sure that all student-passengers are dropped off at their correct location and that no passengers remain on the bus at the end of the bus route.
Apply online. We do not accept paper resumes, applications, faxes or emails. You must complete the online application to be considered for the position.