Position Title: Substitute Cleaner - Custodian Non-licensed
Reports To: Building Lead Supervisor and Building and Grounds Supervisor
Classification: Support Staff
Qualifications: 1. One (1) year school custodial experience preferred
2. Must possess thorough knowledge of building cleaning skills
Job Goal: The cleaner-custodian performs general cleaning and light maintenance to provide pleasant and safe surroundings for staff and students.
Subject to work with biohazard waste.
Subject to temperature changes while performing assigned duties.
May be required to work in extreme hot and cold temperatures.
Subject to the hazards, dust and odors from cleaning chemicals and school environment.
Subject to the hazards, vapors and odors from various cleaning chemicals.
May be subject to work with hazardous chemicals.
Subject to work in confined spaces.
Subject to work from elevated work surfaces.
Be able to lift 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques.
Be able to lift 100 pounds, with assistance, using proper lifting techniques or equipment.
Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Be able to bend body and arms in all directions to lift and move packages and to perform maintenance duties.
Be able to ascend and descend a ladder while performing cleaning duties.
Bend body at waist downward and forward to perform cleaning duties.
Bend both legs and knees to kneel or place knees on concrete, vinyl, tile, and carpet surfaces.
Extend hands and arms in all directions to perform cleaning duties.
Use upper and lower extremities to perform cleaning duties.
Use hands to select appropriate keys, insert keys into locks, turn doorknobs, and open doors.
Answer, communicate and use 2-way radio in clear, precise voice.
Personally respond quickly to emergency situations in all areas of the building, assess each situation and take appropriate action.
1. Vacuums, sweeps, mops and/or cleans classrooms, restrooms, hallways, gyms and cafeteria, gathers and empties trash, etc.
2. Sets up equipment (i.e.: chairs, bleachers) for Community Education classes, sports events, concerts, meetings or other special events when requested to do so.
3. Secures building at night, setting alarms and locking doors and windows.
4. Cleans chairs, desks, lockers and other equipment.
5. May require alternating Friday evenings and Saturdays to accommodate special weekend events.
6. Maintain proficiency level for proper procedures for hazardous waste management and bio spill handling.
7. Employee is responsible to be knowledgeable about all district policies.
8. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.