School Psychologist (pool)
QUALIFICATIONS: As a minimum, must meet the requirements for a certificate appropriate to this
position as required by the Maryland State Board of Education By-Law 13A.12.03.08.
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Special Education
JOB GOAL: To provide information that allows parents, teachers and administrators to better plan for the educational needs of students.
1. Administers, interprets, and reports cognitive, emotional, educational and related psychometric assessments.
2. Conducts classroom observations and consults with students, parents and educators to provide suggestions for enhancing student learning.
3. Provides technical assistance to teachers in the development of Behavior Modification Plans and for modification of instructional delivery to enhance learning by students with disabilities and/or behavioral disorders.
4. Serves as a member of the crisis intervention team and, under the direction of its leadership, provides direct services to students, families, and staff as appropriate.
5. Assists in the management and operation of the Special Services Information System (SSIS) and performs other program accountability functions as assigned.
6. Participates on Special Education Individualized Education Program Committees (IEP).
7. Continues professional development by participating in appropriate activities both inside and outside the district.
Provides professional development activities to others.
8. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten month + three days duty year. Salary and work year to be established
by the Board of Education.
SALARY LANE: Ten-Month + three days “DDD” lane.
BARGAINING UNIT: Kent County Administrative and Supervisory Association.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt.
EVALUATIONS: Performance of this job will be evaluated in
accordance with provisions of the Board of
Education's policy on Evaluation of Professional