Elementary School Teacher (Pool)
Job | Posted 9 months ago
Must hold a certificate issued by any agency.
The certificate position area must be in Elementary Teacher.
1. As a minimum, must meet the requirements for a certificate as a teacher appropriate to this position as
required by the Maryland State Board of Education By Law 13A.12.01.03.
2. Degree(s) required and area of major study.
3. Kind and amount of prior job experience required.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: School Principal
JOB GOAL: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
I. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and the times designated.
2. Provides an instructional program to meet the needs of all students including students with disabilities.
3. Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and
enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
4. Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
5. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
6. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and - in harmony with the
goals - establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these
objectives to students.
7. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations
of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
8. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals
9. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
10. Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialist;
11. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
12. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
13. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and miles governing student life and conduct, and for
the classroom develops reasonable miles of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the
classroom in a fair and just manner.
14. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional
day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
15. Establishes relationships with colleagues, students, parents, and the community which reflect recognition of and
respect for every individual.
16. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for instructional assistant(s) and volunteers.
17. Participates in school management and shares possibility for the total
school program. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
18. Appraises his/her own effectiveness and demonstrates successful application of skills and
information acquired to increase effectiveness. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
19. Performs related work as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: As found in the Agreement Between the Kent County Teachers Association and The Board of Education of Kent County. Ten (10) month position.
SALARY LANE: Teacher's lane. Step established by the Superintendent.
BARGAINING UNIT: Kent County Teachers Association.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's
policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Kent County Public Schools
5608 Boundary Avenue, Rock Hall, MD 21661
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $15,742
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.80
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 4,679