JobID 1328 : Lifeguard (Part-Time) (#338789)
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better school system and better results for all students. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage all to consider becoming a part of it.
Aquatics Program Coordinator
Monitor swimming program or rental use participants in the swimming pool as directed by the Aquatics Coordinator and insure their personal safety.
- Monitor swimmers in the pool to ensure their personal safety and compliance with all district standards of health and safety. Responsibilities include the safety of students, providing intervention and discipline as needed, retrieving swimmers in distress, and reporting any health, safety or discipline problems to the Aquatics Coordinator immediately.
- Maintain a safe, healthy environment for all participants that promotes positive values and respect. Report any suspected child endangerment or abuse or other real or perceived hazards to the health and safety of any program participant to the Coordinator.
- Maintain positive and open communications with parents, the Coordinator, and other staff.
- Participate in staff development activities provided by the program as directed.
Age 15 or older
Licensing and Other Requirements: Must maintain certifications throughout employment with the District
- Current Red Cross Certification in Lifeguarding
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employed is regularly required to talk, hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach for objects, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and use hands to grasp and feel. The employed
must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally being required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
To be considered for this position, please apply on-line at: http://www.applitrack.com/isd197/onlineapp/default.aspx
Position will remain open until filled.