v Must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent,
v Exceptional math skills;
v An accounting background;
v Experience using word processors, spreadsheets, and school accounting software; and
v A willingness to take appropriate training to maintain and advance skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Perform such school-related duties as assigned by the superintendent.
2) Supply any information or reports as requested by the Board of Trustees or superintendent.
3) Act as the district's fiscal officer, and in that capacity, perform the following specific duties:
a. Properly classify all school district income and be informed of local, state, and federal sources of revenue, and verify receipt of all funds received by the school district for any purpose.
b. Invest all district funds in accordance with policies approved by the Board of Trustees and prepare periodic reports on earnings on those investments.
c. Prepare or assist in the preparation of all financial records, reports, and claims for reimbursement by the State or other agencies.
d. Monitor the investment pool to ensure adequate cash flow.
e. Work with the superintendent to verify cash balances in the various funds of the district and be responsible for deposit of all funds in the official depository designated by the Board of Trustees.
f. Maintain an efficient system of recording all operating expenses.
g. Provide a monthly financial statements on the condition of the budget for the Board of Trustees and personnel of the district.
h. Cooperate with and assist the auditor in the accomplishment of any regular or special audits of the district's financial records.
i. Process purchase orders, invoices, vouchers, etc. Enter data on computer for purchased services, supplies and materials, equipment and improvement projects. Print checks and mail to vendors.
j. Supply data necessary for the preparation of the budget and assist the superintendent and clerk in the development of the annual budget for operation and maintenance, capital outlay, and bond redemption.
k. Prepare monthly financial statements on the condition of the budget for the Board of Trustees and personnel of the district.
l. Work with all district personnel to maintain appropriate accounting procedures and records.
m. Disperse monies by warrant only when countersigned by the designated board member.
4) Post all employee leave and absences.
5) Perform all payroll and accounting procedures related to payroll as required.
6) Assist the clerk in maintaining certified professional personnel files and records including applications, certificates, transcripts, contracts, evaluations, etc.
7) Maintain personnel files for classified employees.
8) Initiate and maintain fingerprinting records.
9) Handle all matters related to insurance and PERSI.
10) Process financial payments for workman's compensation.
11) Deal with students, parents, staff, and others in a positive encouraging manner.
12) Take adequate precautions to distinguish between personal views and the views of the institution or organization.
13) Refrain from directly or indirectly knowingly express publicly a misrepresentation of facts concerning educational matters.
14) Know and follow school district policy and chain of command.
15) Act ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
This position shall be considered in all respects "employment at will" and the employee is subject to discharge by the District at any time without cause. The employment period and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right in the employee and such are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the District so long as the employment continues.
An employee working in this position shall at all times be subject to the direction of the person to whom said employee has primary responsibility or said person's designee(s) and at all times shall be subject to the rules, regulations, and policies of the District as promulgated by the Board of Trustees. Each employee shall be held responsible for having knowledge of said District's rules, regulations, and policies which have been reduced to writing and made available to the employee at the building principal's office and the district-wide administration office.
The employment period shall be 8.0 hours per day five days per week for 240 days per year with benefits as specified in the Classified Employee Handbook. The salary shall be determined by the Board of Trustees. Performance of this position will be evaluated periodically by the Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee in conformance with District policy and procedure.
For application please call/email Tess Mitchell at (208) 366-7436 or firstname.lastname@example.org