Executive Administrator for Middle Schools
To Apply: Please submit the following documents to email@example.com
- Letter of Introduction
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a current or recent supervisor.
- Please clearly delineate the position for which you are applying. We are seeking (1) Executive Administrator for Elementary Schools and (1) Executive Administrator for Middle Schools.
For top consideration, please apply no later than June 6, 2014 at 1:00pm Pacific time.
SALARY: $125,798 – $131,040 per year
The Executive Administrator engages in joint work with principals to ensure they are improving teacher performance so students can achieve at high levels. The Executive Administrator provides differentiated support and coaching, as well as supervision and evaluation in the areas of: improving academic achievement, developing as instructional leaders, and implementation of the District strategic plan.
The Executive Administrator assists the District with realizing the vision of preparing all BSD students for college and career readiness through the four pillars: excellence, innovation, collaboration and equity.
REPORTS TO: Deputy Superintendent
- To use data to engage in joint work and monitor principals’ ability to effectively improve teacher performance and student achievement.
- Lead and facilitate networks for principal learning that provide opportunities for principals to learn from each other and to solve shared problems of practice collaboratively.
- Meet regularly with other Executives to enhance their learning and share problems of practice.
- Collaborate as a learning team with other District administrators to provide professional development and coaching support for principals.
- Assist principals in implementation of the District’s strategic plan and key initiatives, as well as District policies and procedures.
- Assist principals in the alignment of curriculum and instruction within the core programs, as well as organizational structures supporting teacher and student learning.
- Assure the financial well–being of the District and schools through budgeting support and approve school requests.
- Assist in supporting schools’ safety and security operations.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of school programs by overseeing the development and implementation of ongoing school improvement plans.
- Collaborate with Human Resources in the identification, development, and selection of candidates for school-based administrators, department staff, and District level administrators. In addition, serve in an advisory capacity to make recommendations regarding the hiring, discipline, transfer, and termination of employees.
- Contribute to effective and efficient Teaching and Learning management by providing support to the Deputy Superintendent in overall school and District department operations.
- Facilitate and support resolution or response to various problems and emergencies related to school operations. Assist, as needed, in communication between the central office and school level staff.
- Facilitate leadership meetings that provide professional development to principals in coordination with Teaching and Learning, based upon the specific needs of principals or a focus of the District.
- Evaluate principals in part on growth in teacher effectiveness and student outcomes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Superintendent and Deputy Superintendents.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated successful school leadership experience and culturally competent practices. Successful teaching experience is required and administrative experience is preferred.
- Advanced degree in Educational Administration or related field.
- Hold or qualify for Oregon Administrative License. (In most cases, an administrative license from another state will be sufficient to allow for a preliminary or probationary Oregon administrative license.)
Beaverton School District recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of the Beaverton School District that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans status, genetic information or disability in any educational programs, activities or employment.