Lacrosse Assistant Girls Coach
File Code: 4.040
HOLMDEL TOWNSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SCHEDULE "B" JOB DESCRIPTION:
1. Possesses Teacher Certification or Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing or fulfills qualifications for Substitute Teacher in the Holmdel Township Public Schools.
2. Has prior coaching experience or has participated in the sport to be coached (preferred).
3. Demonstrates organizational abilities, communications skills and skills in interpersonal relations.
4. Successfully completes required criminal history check and has proof of citizenship or legal resident alien status.
5. Such other alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director
JOB GOAL: To support each participating student/athlete in achieving a higher level of skill, an enhanced appreciation for the values of discipline, teamwork and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem. All coaches should be dedicated to developing successful athletic teams, considering not only win/lose records but, especially, the overall purpose of achieving personal growth through athletic participation and competition.
1. Instructional Leadership
a. Coaches individual participants, small groups and the team, as appropriate, in the skills necessary for achievement in the sport.
b. Knows and implements established rules and policies including:
• Specific rules governing the sport involved;
• General rules/policies of NJSIAA and Shore Conference;
• Guidelines contained in the Coaches' Handbook;
• General policy & procedures of the school; and
• Policy established by the Holmdel Township Board of Education.
c. Works closely with the athletic director in scheduling practices and interscholastic contests as appropriate.
d. Provides input to the athletic director concerning the safety conditions of the facility or area in which the assigned sport is conducted.
e. Submits budget needs (i.e., uniforms, equipment) annually to the athletic director in accordance with established timelines and guidelines.
f. At the conclusion of the season, provides to the Athletic Director an
accounting of spending including, but not limited to, the income and outgo of monies from any fund raising efforts.
2. Student Management
a. Provides supervision of all students/athletes involved in the coach's particular activity at all times of involvement and oversees penalties for violation of such standards as stipulated by NJSIAA rules, Board policy, school procedures and the Coaches' Handbook.
b. Maintains necessary attendance forms, eligibility records, team roster and similar paperwork and provides information to the athletic director as requested.
3. Professional Development
a. Keeps informed about the latest equipment, rules and coaching techniques in his/her field of sport.
b. Participates as appropriate in continuous study and research, and/or attends relevant conferences and/or workshops to maintain and enhance professional competence in accordance with district guidelines and budget allocations.
c. Provides direction and support to assistant coaches, as appropriate, in developing their coaching skills and activities.
4. School and Community Relations
a. Cooperates and shares professionally with other members of the staff including, but not limited to other coaches.
b. Strives to establish cooperative relations and makes a reasonable effort to communicate with parents/guardians as appropriate.
c. Promotes awareness of the athletic team by providing information to the principal and other relevant audiences about the team's activities.
d. Assists those student-athletics desiring to further their education and athletic career at the college level by providing references as appropriate.
5. Other Assigned Duties
Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the athletic director or designee.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary to be established within the Agreement between the Holmdel Township Board of Education and the Holmdel Township Education Association.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board's policy on the Evaluation of Schedule "B" Staff and
the contractual agreement between the Holmdel Township Board of Education and the Holmdel Township Education Association.
SOURCE: Regular Board Meeting
DATE: March 22, 1995