Substitute Food Service Personnel
Substitute Food Service Personnel
Support Staff Substitutes serve in the absence of a regular Support Staff employee. If you are interested in gaining experience in a field other than teaching, a support staff substitute may be the position for you. Support Staff Substitutes are required to hold a minimum of a High School diploma. We are currently accepting applications for Substitute Food Service Personnel in all school buildings.
Under direct supervision, prepares and serves food and cleans kitchen equipment on an as-need basis. Reports directly to the Kitchen Manager.
- High school graduation or other equivalent (i.e., General Educational Development (GED), foreign equivalency, etc.).
- Food Service experience
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Ability to learn to operate kitchen equipment.
- Ability to perform elementary mathematics.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to meet predetermined deadlines.
- Ability to safely move and relocate heavy objects.
- Ability to use step ladders.
- Ability to work cooperatively with employees, parents and students.
- Ability to recognize and report hazards and apply safe work methods.
- Possess physical and mental stamina commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Participate in preparing a variety of foods, such as soups, salads, meats, vegetables, breads, and desserts.
- Make sandwich fillings and prepare sandwiches.
- Set up foods prepared for serving on counters and steam tables.
- Serve food at mealtime.
- Perform cashier duties as assigned.
- Accurately account for food prepared and sold.
- Operate various kitchen equipment.
- Clean kitchen equipment and area, scrub counters, and clean tables.
- Store and take care of supplies.
- Count inventory when assigned.
- Conform to safety standards, as prescribed.
- Perform related duties consistent with job description and assignment.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, carry, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, taste, smell, and repeat fine motor activities. Hearing and speech are required to communicate in person and over the telephone. Vision: Frequent near acuity and color vision, depth perception and focal length change. Vision to read printed materials, a VDT screen, or other monitoring devices. Strength: Medium/heavy - Exerts force up to 50 lbs., frequently; or 10 lbs., constantly; or negligible force constantly.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a climate controlled-office setting. Will occasionally be exposed to extreme cold and heat due to temperatures associated with kitchen areas, (i.e., ovens, grills, refrigerators/freezers, etc.). Exposed to noise levels ranging from moderate to loud for occasional to frequent time periods.
Hazards: Furniture, office equipment, communicable diseases, chemicals and fumes (as related to specific assignment), and power/hand-operated equipment and machinery (as related to specific assignment).
EXAMPLES OF EQUIPMENT/SUPPLIES USED TO PERFORM TASKS: Ovens, refrigerators, freezers, slicers, grills, ice machines, kitchen utensils and appliances, various computers and software applications, telephones, fax machines, copy machines, etc.
Mental Functions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and use interpersonal skills.
Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with School Board policy and administrative regulations on evaluation of non-licensed personnel.
Documents Required At Time of Application
- Support Staff Employment Application.
- High school graduation or other equivalent (i.e., GED, foreign equivalency, etc.).
- Specific documented evidence of training and experience to satisfy qualifications, if applicable.