1.0 Special Education Teacher
NOTICE OF VACANCY
ITHACA CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
ITHACA, NEW YORK
Our Mission is: to educate every student to become a life long learner; to foster academic, social, emotional and physical development; to nurture an understanding and respect for all people in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic world; and to promote responsible citizenship in a democracy.
Position Title: 1.0 Special Education Teacher
Brief Description: Provide special education services (consultant teacher, integrated co-teaching, resource room) to middle school students (grades 6-8) with a range of disabilities. Duties include, but are not limited to: IEP development, progress monitoring, achievement testing, implementation of testing accommodations, participation in professional learning communities (PLCs), CSE and team meetings, and communication with families and teachers.
Current Location: Boynton Middle School
Effective Date: February 22, 2016
Posting Dates: January 22, 2016, through February 5, 2016
- The Ithaca City School District is committed to eliminating race, class and disability as predictors of academic performance, co-curricular participation and discipline. Qualified candidates will demonstrate a basic awareness of these commitments and a strong willingness to support these efforts.
- Possession of New York State certification Special Education or Students with Disabilities (appropriate grade level).
- An educational leader whose competency, energy, and commitment will help ensure students thrive; and
- Proven ability to interact effectively with students and their families who represent cultures that are diverse in terms of race, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and other characteristics in order to build an effective and collaborative school community; and
- Exhibits ability to implement culturally responsive curriculum; create an inclusive classroom; and differentiate instruction in order to engage the learning styles and needs of each student as an individual.
Minimum Salary: $38,489 (10-month, full-time base)
Apply To: www.applitrack.com/icsd/onlineapp/
The Ithaca City School District does not unlawfully discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military status, veteran status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or other federal/state protected status.