Executive Assistant for the Office of Academics
Job | Posted a year ago
POSITION: Executive Assistant for the Office of Academics
REPORTS TO: Chief of Academics
SUMMARY: Performs administrative and executive/secretarial duties of a confidential and responsible nature requiring broad knowledge of up to date office procedures in a professional, administrative environment.
- Associate Degree in Secretarial Sciences preferred. Minimum of 5 years working in a school/central office environment.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal guidelines regarding special education, magnet and choice schools.
- Thorough knowledge of school district databases, a must.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices where necessary.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern office equipment, including Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and other applicable programs.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Expert in the use of proper English with correct spelling, punctuation and letter form.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and have strong work ethic.
- High degree of professionalism with strong customer service orientation and demonstrated ability to deal effectively, fairly and courteously with people and to establish and maintain effective work relationships.
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment, multiple tasks and must be detail oriented.
- Ability to take directives and follow through with initiative.
- Ability to work under stress and within time constraints.
- Must have good evaluations and attendance record.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff.
- Ability to periodically work an extended and/or flexible schedule to meet the demands of the schools.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve - Month Work Year/Salary Commensurate with education and experience.
UNION AFFILIATION: Hartford Federation of School Secretaries
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All current internal and external applicants must submit an online application.
Hartford Public Schools
960 Main Street , Hartford, CT 06103
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,292
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 199