Safety Officer - Classical Magnet School
JOB ID # 2452
Posting Date: November 23, 2015
Closing Date: December 8, 2015
POSITION: Safety Officer – Classical Magnet School
REPORTS TO: Principal/Security Supervisor
Investigative public safety work involving the control, maintenance, and enforcement of laws and regulations governing the order and security of the City’s Public Schools. The position requires a close daily working relationship with other personnel. Work is performed under the supervision of the school principal or building administrator.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Must pass the state sanctioned standard Physical Fitness Test.
• Must have knowledge of issues related to school security.
• Must have knowledge of the safety and security needs of students, teachers and other school personnel.
• Prior Security experience preferred.
Must possess State Security Certification.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary in accordance with HFSSPO 2015-2016 schedule: $25,978-$36,803. 10 month (183 days) work year. Eight hours per day.
Hartford Federation of School Special Police Officers, Local 1018D, AFT, AFL-CIO.
All current internal and external applicants must submit an online application. To apply please visit http://applitrack.com/hartford/onlineapp/ or www.hartfordschools.org and follow the appropriate link.
Position Subject to Available Funding
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D